About DROPS for ARCAD

Hi,
I am trying to import Artifact from ARCAD server. But I got the import process failed due incorrect Library name set in the Macro-Command Definition. How could I locate the correct Library? As I even could not locate the Macro command in IBMi by AWRKMACCMD.

Below is the Import Strategies setup from the user guide. But I could not find neither ‘PREPARE’ nor ‘EXPORT’.
Library The library where the macro-command is located.
Name
The name of the macro-command to execute.
This name may include macro-command parameters:
PREPARE APP(${arcad.application}) ENV
(${arcad.envid}) VERSION(’${arcad.version}
') SAVLIB(${arcad.savlib}) SAVFILE
(${arcad.savfile})
Some substitution variables are available:
l ${arcad.application}: the App code
l ${arcad.envid}: the Environment Identifier
l ${arcad.version}: the Version Number
l ${arcad.savlib}: the Save Library
l ${arcad.savfile}: the Save F

I managed to duplicate the macro command to the ARCAD instance I was working on.

Hi jhxie,

Could you please tell me which ARCAD server version is installed?
Thanks by advance.

Best Regards,

The DROPS Team

Hi Marc,
Thanks for looking into this.
The ARCAD server version is 10.06.14 (I only have profile to work on LPAR arcad05c for testing).
Best Regards,
Jinhua

Hi Jinhua,
I’ve restored the macros required by DROPS on ARCAD05C.

You’ll be able to import a new version using the DROPS4ARC/EXPORT macro-command (which is the default when you create a new Arcad Import Strategy).

Hope this helps,
Sebastien

Hi Seb,

Thanks for you help. But it seems not working yet.
I got error telling that some program missing in *LIBL. But actually I can locate the object.

WRKOBJ OBJ(AART150G1)

Best Regards,
Jinhua

Hi Jinhua,
my bad, the macros were not regenerated for instance TU.

It should be fine now, as long as you make sure to use that instance while setting up your DROPS configuration.
On the other hand, running it from DROPS should’ve work since DROPS will put the Arcad’s libraries in line before calling the macro.

But anyway, now they are regenerated, it should work in any case.

Regards,
Seb

Hi Seb,
Thanks for your great help. It works for the import now.
By the way, do you have any idea about below error? I did the similar configuration to deploy to PSPWDEM1, but no such error. Is there something wrong on the DROPS Agent in ARCAD05C? Shall we reinstall the DROPS Agent?

[ERR] 20170607-18:39:08.410 -> [Remote Error]: Remote host did not aknowledge Net File Send request in time. Send operation aborted.
Remote host did not aknowledge Net File Send request in time. Send operation aborted.

Best Regards,
Jinhua

I have identified the issue below. It is related to the security policy on the machine where my DROP server installed. Everything is fine now after I install the DROPS server to another machine.

Thanks for your help Seb!